It's 3:17 in the morning, Lil' D and I are once again having our ritual crack of dawn bonding sessions. As she is sucking the life out of me (joking) I am thinking about all the things I will have to give up and sacrifice in order to maximize her life. There goes weekly mani/pedis for that immersion Chinese nursery school and monthly spa days for ballet practice. It's going to be rough on a sista's appearance, but as I gazed into her little unfocused eyes I know beyond a doubt this little one is my motivation now and forever.
I love being a mother...I am more aware. I feel things on a deeper level. I have a kind of understanding about my body, about being a woman. ~ Shelley Long
Taken by O2Weddings Photography~ Lil' D's first professional shoot
- I now know I can do almost anything with one hand-- Wishing my Nigerian sister was in the states to teach me how to "Back" my baby.
- Seeing Lil' D's smile has been the highlight of my day for the past 26 days.
- I spend about 16 hours with her a day. When Big D wants to hold her once he gets home from work I sometimes feel like I want her only to myself. #selfishmuch
- Breastfeeding isn't so bad. Pumping is though! #sorenessmuch
- I will try to talk myself out of spending all my disposable income on this little one's wardrobe.
- Coupons and discount codes are now a way of life.
- I feel this pressure to make sure every aspect of her life is near perfect as possible.
- I have to let go of the negative feelings, thoughts and energy. It's impossible to control fate, so I need to let go and relax.
- I need to start wearing a girdle. Stat!
- Being a Mommy is the best job in the world. After labour pains and a gassy baby, motherhood is sooo worth it.