1. When did you know it was time to go to the hospital? What happened exactly?
I had a scheduled induction at 39 weeks.
2. What did you enjoy most about your birth experience?
I had a great Doctor, and nursing staff. My husband was very supportive, and my baby was born healthy without any mishaps.
3. Was there anything that didn't go as planned?
The baby though head down was face up, so my midwife had to try and help turn him in the womb so that he could be delivered vaginally without bruising to the face.
4. Did you have a natural birth? Why or why not?
Because the baby was turned face up I had bad back labor, so i was given an epidural to be able to rest and conserve my energy before it was time to push.
5. Will you be breastfeeding? How long? If not why did you decide to formula feed?
I will be breatsfeeding, for the first 6 months and pumping for the the remained of his first year.
6. If you could do it over and plan differently what would you change? Any regrets?
Everything went well I wouldnt change a thing.
7. Any advice for new mothers?
Try to do visit the hospital ahead of time, and pre register to avoid a long wait with paperwork when you arrive to the hospital in pain. Have a good support system and Doctor you trust.
Thanks Diana! And congrats on having a safe and conflict-free delivery. God Bless!